- The Catholic school environment fosters academic excellence, self-discipline and respect for others.
- Catholic Schools nurture spiritual and moral growth. TMP-M prepares students for success in college, not just acceptance.
- Students are safe in an environment where families and teachers share faith and family values.
- Learn more about the admission process via the menu below.
Apply for Admission
Registration for students entering Thomas More Prep-Marian Jr/Sr High School is ongoing. A request for an enrollment packet can be taken over the phone or the preliminary forms can be completed here. The family is invited to attend an informal meeting with the Admissions Director or Principal regarding the school. At or after the meeting, parents will have the opportunity to formally apply to the school by filling out an Admission Form for their child(ren), and submitting the application fee. Student records are requested before final acceptance is determined.
Transferring from Other Schools
Students applying to enter Thomas More Prep-Marian will be considered after a thorough review of prior educational records, including report cards, standardized testing and educational/psychological testing.
New students entering Thomas More Prep-Marian must have the proper immunization shots as prescribed by the state of Kansas. School immunization forms are available at the Ellis County Health Office or your own private doctor’s office. School records and health forms for transfer students must be obtained from the child’s previous school. Parents must sign a release form at the former school in order for the records to be sent to TMP-M.
Tuition and Fees
For stewardship families in a Heartland Parish there is no tuition to attend Thomas More Prep-Marian Jr/Sr High School. Heartland Parish Stewardship Families must participate in their parish Stewardship Renewal each January and have a history of supporting their parish. This includes regular Mass attendance and offertory envelope/on-line giving history.
Contact your parish for envelopes. Stewardship Families must affirm this participation on their enrollment forms each year. Thomas More Prep-Marian will require parish clearance each year before re-enrollment.
- St. Joseph Church, Hays
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Hays
- St. Nicholas of Myra Church, Hays
- St. Francis of Assisi Church, Munjor
- St. Anthony Church, Schoenchen
- St. Catherine Church, Catharine
- Our Lady Help of Christians Church, Antonino
We also have relationships with St. Mary Church, Ellis and Sacred Heart Church, Plainville. Contact those pastors directly for more information.
Non-Heartland Parish families pay tuition to attend TMP-M. Day students may be asked to pay up to $11,500 per year. Assistance is available to those who provide household income information and qualify. Payment plans available. We use FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment service to help evaluate the needs of our families. Based on a comprehensive evaluation of key factors taken from information you provide. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment is able to confidentially provide the school with a thorough understanding of a family’s financial situation and ability to support the educational costs.
For more information on international resident students, click here.
for more information on domestic resident students, contact tom meagher or principal chad meitner.
Fees (Due at Registration)
Every student pays $875 in fees for the year. Fees cover books, consumables, student agenda, health screenings and individual technology expenses.
In the Spring, assistance is determined for qualifying families. Parents must complete the necessary forms. More details are available in the school office. Contact Mr. Tom Meagher at 785-625-6577.
We use FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment service to help evaluate the needs of our families. Based on a comprehensive evaluation of key factors taken from information you provide, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment is able to provide the school with a thorough understanding of a family’s financial situation.
We would love to have you visit us in person and see our vibrant school community in action. Please call the Main Office to arrange a tour and a meeting with our Principal Chad Meitner. We can even arrange a “shadow day” with a current student.
Events for Prospective Students:
Feel free to join us at any of the following,
High School Monarch for Day
- Held Annually in January – any student considering TMP-M, grades 9-12 for the upcoming school year are encouraged to attend. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
Junior High Monarch for Day
- Held Annually in February – any student considering TMP-M Junior High, grades 7 & 8 for the upcoming school year are invited to attend. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
Pre-Enrollment NEW students
- Held Annually in February – all NEW students to TMP-M Jr/Sr High School considering TMP-M or ready to attend, students pre-enroll for the upcoming school year. Contact the Admissions office for more information.