Mission & Vision Statements
Thomas More Prep-Marian, a Christian community in the Catholic tradition, challenges its students to spiritual growth, academic excellence, and leadership formation.
Find God in the friendships and relationships with each other.
Goals of Thomas More Prep-Marian
thomas more prep-marian accepts the concepts of a catholic school given by the second vatican council in the following documents: declaration on christian education, decree on ecumenism, declaration on the relation of the church to non-christian religions, decree on the apostolate of the lay people, declaration on religious liberty, decree on the church’s missionary activity, and the pastoral constitution on the church in the modern world.
the goal of thomas more prep-marian is to provide in a well-balanced way for each student’s unique intellectual, spiritual, psychological, physical and social needs. more specifically, the school aims to help the student:
- personally appreciate and exemplify a life founded on faith.
- instill the ability to think rationally, to express thoughts clearly, and to listen with understanding.
- acquire an interest in and capacity for excelling in further studies, whether collegiate or independent.
- develop leadership abilities such as initiative, emotional independence, responsibility and self-discipline.
- foster a sense of responsibility in relationship to family, school, parish, and civic community.
- demonstrate practical concern for the social problems of our times, developing a sense of the universal family of God.
- recognize an awareness of God’s presence and action among us.
- learn to worship God both liturgically and individually.
- gain a proper respect between those in authority and those being directed.
- develop habits of good practical judgment and using them profitably.
- develop mature relationships with peers.
- achieve an appreciation of nature, science, literature and the fine arts.
- acquire proper habits for maintaining emotional, mental, and physical health and well-being.